things to do in Downtown Des Moines
Hyatt Place Des Moines Downtown is situated central to some of the most popular things to do in Downtown. Local favorites in Downtown Des Moines include:
- Court Avenue District, one of Downtown's oldest neighborhoods and a popular dining spot.
- State Capitol, free and paid tour options available to suit your preference.
- Pappajohn Sculpture Park, a must-see for art enthusiasts and regular Joe's alike.
- Principal Park, a minor league baseball stadium and home to the Iowa Cubs.
- Historic East Village, a vibrant shopping and nightlife scene.
Skywalk to Court Avenue District
Easily walk to the popular Court Avenue District via the climate-controlled skywalk, connected to the Hyatt Place.
Experience Art in Des Moines
From the Pappajohn Sculpture Park to a performance at the Civic Center, there is no shortage of art in Des Moines.