Style, innovation, and 24/7 convenience
Centrally located in Downtown with important services at your fingertips. During your stay, a Host will happily assist you with orders from our Gallery Menu, Fresh 24/7, featuring our signature flatbreads, a Make It 2 option and delicious new sandwiches, greens, apps & more. Or you can enjoy specialty Starbucks® coffee, premium beer, wine & cocktails over friendly conversation at the intimate Coffee to Cocktails Bar.
These services and amenities are subject to availability. Additional charges may apply. Prices are subject to change or discontinuance without notice. Please call hotel to confirm.
Connected to the climate controlled Downtown Skywalk with convenient access to Iowa Events Center/Hy-Vee Hall, Court Avenue Entertainment District, Des Moines Civic Center and major businesses such as the Ruan Center, 801 Grand/Principal Tower, EMC Insurance Building, Bank of America Building and many more.
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar serves Starbucks® specialty beverages, premium beers, wines & cocktails
- 24/7 Gallery Menu featuring cooked to order signature entrees, appetizers & more
- Free breakfast with cage-free eggs, all-natural bacon, Greek yogurt, and more
- Gallery Market case offering fresh sandwiches & greens, beverages & sweets to-go
- Complimentary hotel-wide Wi-Fi Internet access
- 24-hour Stay Fit® fitness center with Life Fitness® equipment, yoga mats & free weights
- 1,050 sq. ft. of meeting space available for social or corproate events
Maps and Directions
Take exit 8A toward Downtown/Des Moines/Iowa Events Center
Keep right, follow signs for 7th Street/6th Avenue/5th Avenue
Turn right onto7th Street
Turn left onto Locust Street
Turn left at the 1st cross street onto 6th Avenue
Hyatt Place will be on the left
Des Moines International Airport (DSM): 4¾ miles from the hotel
Begin by traveling east on Cowles/Fleur Drive. Turn left onto Fleur Drive. Take the ramp toward Fleur Drive/Grand Avenue/Locust St./Downtown. Stay straight to go onto Fleur Drive. Make a slight right onto Locust Street. Turn left onto 6th Avenue. Hyatt Place Des Moines/Downtown is on the left-hand side.
Hyatt Place Des Moines/Downtown is a dog friendly establishment. The hotel allows dogs only.
- For guest staying 1-6 nights, a $75 non-refundable pet fee will be administered
- Guests staying 7-30 nights, a $75 non-refundable pet fee plus an additional $100 cleaning fee will be administered
- Guests stay 30 + nights, please contact the hotel. The fee(s) will be inclusive of taxes
A maximum of two (2) dogs per room are permitted. Only dogs weighing 50 lbs and under are permitted; two dogs may be allowed in a guestroom provided the combined weight of both dogs does not exceed 75 pounds; the pet fee encompasses this and pets exceeding are at the hotels discretion.
All dogs must be housebroken.
Valet parking is currently being offered for $18/day/vehicle with unlimited in/out access. If you choose to utilize this service, please park in front of our main entrance upon arrival and check-in with our front desk host. Please note: some restrictions apply, including but not limited to manual transmissions, oversized vehicles, and motorcycles. Please contact the hotel front desk directly to inquire prior to arrival.
Free street parking is available, based on availability, surrounding the hotel on weekends between 6PM Friday and 7 AM Monday as well as during the week between 6PM and 7 AM (M-Th). Street parking is not monitored by the hotel and is subject to all applicable local parking ordinances and may not be available during downtown events. The hotel is not responsible for damage, tickets, or towing that may occur while utilizing street parking. City parking garages are also available nearby, please visit the Downtown Alliance's website for further information.
Shuttle Service & Information
Courtesy Downtown and Airport Shuttle Service offered 7 days a week between 6am - 11pm. Service is based on availability and can be arranged with our Transportation or Gallery Hosts.
For Airport Pickups: contact the hotel upon landing to arrange a pickup (515) 282-5555.
Check-in Time: 3:00pm
Check-out Time: 12:00pm